2019 Wharf To Wharf Event Waiver
1. I confirm that I have read and understood the event rules and event terms and conditions of the Wharf To Wharf and agree to comply with them (including all directions issued by the Event Directors). Where I am entering on behalf of another person, I confirm that I have shown the event rules and event terms and conditions to each other person, and he/she has read, therefore understood and accepted them, and I am authorised by each other person to confirm these matters to the Event Directors on their behalf.
2. I acknowledge that I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved in participating in the Wharf To Wharf and I understand that participation in the event is at my own risk.
3. In consideration of the acceptance of my entry, I hereby agree to the exclusion of liability to Event Directors, officers, employees, contractors, sponsors, land owners, volunteer groups, or individuals from any or all claims, demands or proceedings for injuries and/or damage however caused) I may suffer that arises out of or is connected with my participation in the Wharf To Wharf. I also release and forever discharge the above persons or groups from all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses, damages, penalties and fines however arising (including liability for their negligence and/or recklessness and the negligence and/or recklessness of others). For the avoidance of doubt, this release shall extend to and include any medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the Wharf To Wharf, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the Wharf To Wharf or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the Wharf To Wharf or any part of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the Wharf To Wharf in any manner. This release shall not be extinguished by the elapse of time and binds my heirs, executors, personal representative and assigns.
4. I/we certify our good health, and have a level of fitness of a standard to complete the event. In addition, I consent to receiving any medical treatment that the Event Directors think necessary or desirable during or after the Wharf To Wharf.
5. I consent to the Event Directors using my name, image and likeness before, during or after the Wharf To Wharf for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media. This includes giving permission for the official event photographers to capture images of me, and official event drones to fly overhead of me capturing both images and video of me on the event course and/or and at the event venues. I also agree for my details to be added to the Wharf To Wharf email database (of which I can easily unsubscribe to at any time). In addition, I agree that the Wharf To Wharf and any sponsor of this event may use information contained in this entry form for purposes connected with the event or in the case of the Event Directors any other event promoted or conducted by them, and to provide details of other products, services and events to me from time to time by post and direct email to the postal and email address provided in the entry form. I understand that I have rights under the Privacy Act 1993 to access and correct any information held about me. In addition, I may unsubscribe from this database at any time.
6. I acknowledge that safety precautions undertaken by Event Directors (such as course supervision, event safety briefing) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of my safety. Consequently I accept that I have an important responsibility to carefully read and listen to all safety briefings and to immediately seek clarification on anything which is not entirely clear to me.
7. I understand that I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the Wharf To Wharf. If I use the baggage security service provided by the organisers, I accept the organisers will take all care but no responsibility for damage to or loss of my possessions
8. I accept my registration is not transferable to other people and is non-refundable. If the Wharf To Wharf is cancelled, my registration fee is also non-refundable.
9. I acknowledge that, due to circumstances beyond the control of the Event Directors, it may become necessary or desirable to change the format of the Wharf To Wharf and, if that occurs, I consent to the changes and I agree that each and every one of the event rules and event terms and conditions will apply to that changed event.
10. Due to the committed costs of organising the Wharf To Wharf, if the Wharf To Wharf is cancelled due to poor weather, natural disaster or any other condition beyond the control of the Event Directors, I understand that my entry fee will not be refunded.
11. I hereby certify that I am 16 years of age or older (see below for younger competitors).
12. If I am under the age of 16 years of age I will have the event rules and event terms and conditions viewed and signed by my legal guardian (postal entries) or approved (online entries) which will effectively provide the necessary consent for me to participate in the Wharf To Wharf.